Sunday, February 3, 2013

Candlemas, Cleansing and Craft Names

Thank goodness for Candlemas!  I went out to the grovestead tonight to participate in a little potluck and Candlemas goodness.  I love this group of people.  I cannot even begin to express how wonderful it is to have found people that are all so different in the expression of their paths but still manage to work so well together.  Good people, good wine, bardic circle... a good day and restorative to my soul.

Yesterday I attended a Candlemas of a different sort.  I participate in a medieval historical society (SCA) and yesterday was our Candlemas event.  I was asked to create an award for our arts exhibit and it was well received.   My darling was with me attending his first event and entered -and won!- the brewing competition.  Feasting by candlelight and lots of fun.

I have been taking some very serious courses at school these days.  One of them makes me feel like I'm working on not just my mind, but my soul.  I feel introspective but activated, cleansed and invigorated.

With all this introspection, I find myself wondering if keeping a my craft name is necessary or even wise.  What do I need to consider?  Do I even really *care* what my non-pagan family and friends think?  How will this impact me as a counseling professional later down the line?  So many questions....

No comments:

Post a Comment